St. Teresa of Avila Parish in Kitchener is looking for a part-time custodian (25 hours/week) to join their team. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and requires a commitment to work flexible hours.
- cutting grass with mowing equipment and upkeep of general grounds and garden.
- Irrigation system priming and start-up/shut down.
- Snow and ice control of doorways, steps and walkways including salting and shoveling.
- Liturgical seasonal decorating.
- Perform other duties as required
- Year round
- Inspection of Parish lighting system, fire alarm and emergency systems.
- Parish garbage collection and disposal upkeep.
- Maintenance/cleaning of Parish as needed (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Boiler care.
- Hall rental responsibilities.
- Complete necessary paperwork as required/needed.
- Education: high school or equivalent
- Prior landscaping experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Be able to work in all outdoor year round weather conditions and in good physical condition
- Familiar with safe operations of landscaping and snow removal equipment (lawnmower, snow blower etc.)
- Ability to work independently and follow instructions
- Steel-toed safety boots
License: G Class Driver’s license
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Diocese of Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Manager.