The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hamilton, established in 1856, is the second largest diocese in English speaking Canada and serves the needs of more than 626,000 Roman Catholics, throughout Southwestern Ontario. Holy Cross Parish in Georgetown is looking for a fulltime Pastoral Assistant. Reporting to the Parish Priest, this position offers a competitive rate of pay and benefits package.
- Provides confidential management support to the Pastoral team.
- Assisting the Parish Priest in conducting worship services; provides spiritual guidance to church members; plans and arranges educational, social, and recreational programs for congregation.
- Assist Pastoral Team and visiting clergy with liturgical support as required (special services, funerals, etc.)
- Preparing candidates and their families for reception of sacraments.
- Coordinating sacramental preparation and related paperwork
- Pastoral presence in schools.
- Coordination of children and youth ministry.
- Coordination of volunteers and ministry schedules
- Plan and conduct adult education programs, including RCIA.
- Assisting the Office Manager with clerical duties as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- College/University Bachelor's degree, diploma, or certificate with 3 - 5 years of experience, or equivalent.
- A faith-based understanding of Catholic teachings.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with the Pastor, parish staff, volunteers and parish community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and trust.
- Willingness to work weekends/flex hours
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize to meet weekly deadlines
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Diocese of Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible work environment. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation, please inform the Human Resources Manager.